Monday, February 16, 2009

The Green Sea Urchin is coming...

Hallo Again. 
I know, I know, I've been talkin' the talk for quite a while now, but I told you that I would announce when the green sea urchin would be coming. I just got word, yes, at 1:30am, that I would be receiving a shipment of lovely green sea urchin from my new best friend, and urchin harvester, Harold Cossaboom of White Head Island, Grand Manan, Bay of Fundy, New Brunswick. No, really.
Word is that they will be harvesting later this week, and Starfish will have 20 pounds either Thursday or Friday.
Now you can quote me on this...they still have to get here, there are no guarantees in life (except death and taxes) so give me a call to confirm, then tell your friends. If all goes well, this will be a regular occurrence.
In the past, the sea urchin I got was probably Harold's anyways, but it went to a wholesaler in NB, to Fulton fish market in NYC, to Montreal, and then to me in Toronto. I'd hate to do that trip myself, let alone a Sea urchin.
I will have more updated news as it comes in, and a story on Harold and his work.
Paddy

No comments:

Post a Comment