Monday, January 12, 2009

Sashimi at Starfish


Well it's about time! I've been thinking of this one for years now. After a trip to Tokyo, and two days in the Tsukiji Fish market (check out the photobook when you visit Starfish, this is a pic from one of the Tuns butchers there ), really inspired me to start showing fresh, raw fish alongside the Oysters - it is a natural match.
On Friday, I was showing Claire Island Salmon, and Sardines, served with Sake horseradish, and soy. I'm going to see how this goes, if I can shuck & slice at the same time, for Monday to Thursday. On the weekends, I have Sir Lawrence David - Shucker extraordinaire on the knife, which frees me to work on the fish more.
The best is that I intend to bring in Guest Sushi Chefs from time to time (when I get around to it)

I'll keep you posted

No comments:

Post a Comment